Aaras Shipping Agencies are PCN members in Pakistan and are pleased to report another update regarding their recent project shipments since October. Three breakbulk & project cargo vessels were appointed to their agency services along with complete logistics operations. The total weight of the cargo discharged by the Aaras stevedoring team from the 3 vessels totalled around 75,520.7612mtns with most of the units being heavy, long and/or oversized. Business Development Manager, Masood Ahmed, provides full details under each vessel:
Vessel 1: MV. ‘Hong Harvest’ arrived at Karachi port with project cargo for a wind mill power project on behalf of M/S. Yunus Energy Limited. The power generation project will construct a plant with up to 50mgw capacity. The cargo comprised of 60 wind mill blade frames and 30 wind mill blades with dimensions of 49.19 x 2.70 x 3.39m. The total weight of the cargo was around 360.830mtns / 13,165cbm.
Our stevedoring & operations staff efficiently and safely discharged the blades from the vessel under direct delivery (hook/hook) on hydraulic multi-axle trailers and arranged the inside transportation from berth to the stowage area allotted by the Port Qasim Authority. On completion of the custom formalities, we handled the inland transportation to the job site around 120km away.
Vessel 2: MV. ‘Yuan Hang’ arrived at Karachi port with cargo consisting of 2,185 pieces with a total weight of around 69,831.1592mtns. The project cargo was made up of:
- 974 pieces of cement plant (with a production capacity of up to 4,200tpd) machinery and equipment for M/S. Cherat Cement Company Limited. The cargo included generators, transformers, isolators, steel piping and many more.
- 149 pieces of used construction machinery and equipment for M/S. Huaneng Shandong Ruyi (Pakistan) Energy Pvt Limited. The cargo included a mixing station, pump trucks, concrete mixers, metal structures, welding & bending machines, cranes and many more.
- 220 pieces of machinery and equipment as the 5th shipment of an ongoing project for an 18mw power generation project (Soda Ash Plant in Khewra) on behalf of ICI Pakistan Limited. The cargo included turbines and boilers complete with auxiliary equipment and accessories, tanks, steel structures and many more.
- 4 ‘Sun Win’ double-decker & articulated diesel buses for the project of M/S. The Tourism Development Corporation Punjab Limited.
- 28 pieces of various equipment and machinery for the project of M/S. SEPCOI Electric Power Construction Corp.
- The rest of the shipment consisted of 823 pieces of steel structures and other metal cargo for various projects.
Vessel 3: MV. ‘U Lucky’ arrived at Karachi port with cargo consisting of 1,609 pieces with a total weight of around 5,328.77mtns. The project cargo was made up of:
- 709 pieces of construction material for M/S. Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission. The cargo included various steel cargo.
- 46 pieces of crawler cranes for the project of M/S Steady Lift Pakistan Pvt Ltd.
- 1 used Kato 20tn crane for the project of M/S. Trade Channels in Lahore, Pakistan.
- The remaining space on the vessel was taken up with various steel and metal cargo.
The Aaras stevedoring & operation teams worked day and night to ensure the fast turnaround of these 3 vessels to their next destinations.
Aaras Shipping Agencies has a proven record of many project cargo movements and these examples help qualify us as a trusted partner to safely deliver any sort of project shipment. We also enjoy excellent partnerships with the biggest ship-owners and other industry service providers. Please feel free to contact us to provide any or all of the logistics and shipping services, be it shipping agency, stevedoring, heavy-lifting, custom clearance, transportation or road surveying. We are more than pleased to assist in any way and assure you of the best and quickest of services.
Please click here to view full article on official website.