Earlier this month, C Logistics Solutions (members in the Dominican Republic) arranged the coordination, inspection, discharge and receiving of a 65mtn transformer and its ancillary equipment in cooperation with FREJA Transport & Logistics. The cargo arrived at the Port of Caucedo on the general cargo vessel, Hamburg Trader.
- 1 x 65mtn Transformer (S/N 812203)
- Ancillary Equipment: 4 x 40’DVS, 2 x 20’DVS and 1 x 40’OT
- Qingdao (China) to Caucedo via Cartagena
The services performed by C Logistics Solutions included:
- Review of the cargo on board prior to discharge;
- Scrutiny of the handling of the cargo during discharge;
- Inspection of the cargo upon loading to low-boy and recording any notes;
- Attention during direct discharge to low-boy & transfer to ‘place of rest’;
- Review of the condition of transport trucks & safety equipment;
- Revision of the divers’ documentation, safety equipment & communications;
- Review & inspection of the lashings & securings of the cargo on the low-boy prior to departure.
Alex Booth at C Logistics Solutions explains; “The discharge was completed with a 100mtn SWL Gottwald mobile shore crane and due to port limitations and to reduce handling costs, we executed a direct discharge of the transformer to its low-boy. All handling equipment and the low-boy were inspected prior to discharge to ensure their safe condition as per the norms for the handling and transport of heavy and oversized cargo. Simultaneously and in coordination with the discharge, the transformer was loaded, lashed and secured to its lowboy and after revision of their lashings & securings, subsequently dispatched to the pier’s storage area. The shipment was discharged without mishaps or damages.”
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.