CEA Projects Myanmar recently delivered, installed and set-up 5 portable digital x-ray machines for the National Tuberculosis Program in conjunction with American Procurement Services Co. (APSCO) for United Nations Operations (UNOPS).
The National Tuberculosis Program is a government run institution by Myanmar’s Ministry of Health. With the help of UNOPS and APSCO they have recently upgraded their equipment to ensure a wider reach to the surrounding communities in the Yangon, Mandalay, Bago, Mawlamyine and Dawei regions. The digital x-ray units will be used at the local centres in the above mentioned areas and as mobile units powered by backup generators. The program has helped the Ministry of Health significantly reduce the number of new TB cases nationwide and therefore benefited many of the country’s population.
CEA’s scope of work included:
- Customs Clearance of Airfreight in Myanmar;
- Transportation from the Airport to Yangon Warehouse;
- Transportation to the Four Regions of Mandalay, Bago, Mawlamyine & Dawei as well as to the Yangon Centre;
- Installation & Set-up of the Five Machines;
- Training of Radiographers & Doctors on the Machines.
CEA Projects (PCN members in Thailand and Myanmar) are very proud to be involved with such a worthwhile project that will result in the improved health of the people of Myanmar.
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.