Delta Maritime Continue Work on TAP Project
Since July 2017, Delta Maritime (members in Greece) have been heavily involved in the TAP (Trans Adriatic Pipeline) Project, providing project logistics services for various oversized as well as normal cargo for Siemens SA.
Delta have been assisting with the construction of the TAP Compressing Station located in Kipoi in Evros, Northern Greece. To date, notable cargo handled by Delta on the project has included:
- 3 x Siemens gas turbines – each at 36tns / 7.80 x 3.05 x 4.15m
- 3 x Siemens turbo compressors – each at 26.7tns / 6.20 x 3.68 x 3.94m
- 3 x Siemens oil cooling units – each at 10.7tns / 6.35 x 2.50 x 3.99m
- 500tns of gas turbine & compressor’s accessories
- 55 x standard transports from the UK and the Netherlands to the site
Delta Maritime’s scope of work has included:
- Port logistics in Piraeus;
- Crane services in Piraeus for the reloading of cargo on trucks;
- Special transport services with low-bed trailers;
- Long-term crane services & manpower for discharging all Siemens cargo from trucks at the site’s storage area;
- Custom formalities.
The project is being executed under a strict delivery schedule and in compliance with the highest standards of TAP, Siemens and Delta’s QHSE requirements. The compressor stations in Kipoi and in Fier (Albania) will be used to transport 10bcm of natural gas per year along the entire pipeline route from east to west.
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.