Europe Cargo received a request to move one heavy case, weighing 56tn and with dimensions of 1510 x 370 x 385cm, from Alblasserdam in the Netherlands to New Castle (PA), USA.
The project involved the following steps:
- Arranging packing at shippers location;
- Loading on truck at shippers location;
- Trucking from shipper in Alblasserdam to Antwerp Port – special transport during the night was required;
- Customs formalities at the Port of Antwerp;
- Transport insurance;
- Discharging cargo from truck onto MAFI trailer at Antwerp Port;
- Shipment from Antwerp to Baltimore on MAFI (under deck) with carrier ACL (chosen for their short transit time of 14 days and weekly direct service);
- Once the cargo arrived safely at Baltimore Port, Europe Cargo had asked PCN member in the USA, Thunderbolt Global Logistics to assist with the destination handlings;
- The shipper then arranged the trucking from Baltimore Port to their facility themselves.
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.