Indian members, Express Global Logistics (EXG) have successfully completed the national transportation of a large absorber from Panvel to Dahej.
The transportation of the absorber was a challenging job, mainly due to the length of the cargo at 39m. A detailed route survey was carried out beforehand by EXG to avoid any problems and solve turning radius issues.
Nandit Dayal at EXG comments; “Our team had to overcome many difficulties during transportation such as an overhang of 10m, the blocking of traffic at various locations such as Kasara and Nashik, having to take the wrong side of the road on Kasara Ghat and a single road from Songir to Ankleshwar.”
The absorber was delivered to site within 10 days against the 15-day time period given by the client. A great achievement for the EXG team considering the length of the cargo.
Please see specific details of the job below.
- Cargo Description: Absorber
- Dimensions: 39.0 x 4.3 x 4.3m
- Weight: 81.81mt
- From: Panvel
- To: Dahej
- Distance: 660km
- Route: Panvel – Kalamboli – Mumbra – Kasara – Nashik – Shirpur – Shahada – Dediapada – Ankleshwar – Bharauch – Dahej
- Axle Combination: 6 axles + 15m drop deck + 4 axles
- Turning radius at various locations carrying the 39m long piece
- Movement at night inside city areas of Navi Mumbai, Nashik & Ankleshwar
- Having to take the wrong side of road and blocking traffic at Kasara Ghat
- Using a single road from Songir to Ankleshwar
- Delivering the package in 10 days, well inside allotted time frame of 15 days
Express Global Logistics (EXG) are project specialists, established in 1946 with headquarters in Mumbai, India. An asset based company with a pan-India presence, EXG are backed by their own fleet of Goldhofer hydraulic axles, cranes up to 450tns and warehouses.
Please click here to view full the article on our official website.