MGL Cargo Services (members in Egypt since 2014) are pleased to share a recent challenging, high-value and sensitive shipment that they have successfully delivered with special care.
The shipment was delivered to a special security site on a desert road. Loaded on 3 low-beds and 2 trailers, the cargo consisted of:
- 1 x 40′ roll-trailer, loaded with a 20′ POD unit (the most sensitive & valuable piece) measuring 6.06 x 2.44 x 3.05m / 24,000kg.
- 2 x 40′ FR-OH, each loaded with a generator at 6.05 x 2.43 x 2.89m / 15,200kg and a chiller at 2.99 x 2.43 x 2.89m / 6,200kg.
- 1 x 40′ FR loaded with 2 pieces at 3.30 x 1.10 x 0.80m / 447kg and 6.10 x 2.20 x 1.20m / 1,056kg.
- 1 x 40′ FR-OH loaded with 2 buffer tanks each at 3.15 x 2.35 x 2.18m / 1,200kg.
The special requirements involved included:
- Special trucks provided;
- Special open platform trailers provided;
- Special lashing & securing belts provided;
- Full GPS & constant tracking for the on-carriage;
- Only secured parking lots are allowed at the site meaning restricted access & video surveillance;
- Cargo closely attended by special armed forces constantly.
The scope of work handled by MGL Cargo Services included:
- Port handling in Alexandria, Egypt;
- All related port & customs formalities;
- Truck transport to site;
- Arranging special armed escorts to accompany the high-value cargo from port to site;
- Supervision of the unloading & installation process at site.
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.