Muscat International Shipping & Logistics (MIS) in Oman have successfully completed the urgent transportation of over-dimensional project cargo consisting of a CT tower and jacking frame from Nizwa (Oman) to Umm Qasr, Iraq.
The MIS team transported the cargo from Nizwa to Sohar port in Oman (approximately 352km) by road convoy in 2 nights with Royal Oman police escorts, MIS escorts & trucks. Due to heavy traffic in the region and the size of the cargo (lengths of 10.27m, widths of 5.4m and heights of 4.9m), it was necessary to make the movement throughout the night to safely reach Sohar port.
Upon arrival at Sohar, the cargo was securely loaded to the vessel ‘M.V. Ocean Success’ and made the voyage to Umm Qasr, Iraq. As well as the road and sea transport, MIS also handled the custom clearance and vessel chartering.
The shipment was very urgent and MIS reliably fulfilled the client’s timeframe and handled the cargo within 3 days’ notice from the request. Please see the packing list below:
- Unit 1: 4.95 x 3.17 x 3.50m – 2086kg
- Unit 2: 4.95 x 3.17 x 3.50m – 2086kg
- Unit 3: 4.95 x 3.17 x 3.50m – 2177.24kg
- Unit 4: 7.90 x 5.40 x 2.50m – 8346.10kg
- Unit 5: 10.27 x 3.27 x 4.90m – 4808.08kg
- Unit 6: 4.95 x 3.17 x 3.59m – 2177.20kg
- Unit 7: 4.95 x 3.17 x 3.59m – 1995.81kg
- Unit 8: 4.50 x 3.10 x 3.60m – 7200kg
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.