We have held regular Zoom meetings during lockdown since the beginning of April, initially so we could see other people apart from our families! Discussions then progressed to updates on each country’s situation; evaluating financials – extending credit and cash flow and then of course… the easing of lockdown and post-pandemic business.
Most importantly, it is always great to hear that companies are still operating and coping incredibly well under the new pressures.
During our 5th Zoom meeting today, we were joined by over 40 Members and were very pleased to welcome 2 Guest Speakers:
- Julian Kurz, the Key Accounts/Business Development Manager at CMA CGM Project Cargo Division discussed BBK on container vessels and how they have observed the COVID-19 situation and challenges.
- Keith Plummer of CargoWise updated Members on his experience over the last few months and how technology has played a role.
We appreciate that with so many different time zones, we were unable to allocate a time that suited everyone. We will download the Zoom meeting and provide a link so that you can listen to the discussions in due course. For now, thank you to those who joined us, it was fantastic to see so many of you!
As you may know, we have developed our own inhouse Virtual 1-2-1 Booking System and are encouraging Members to take part in our Virtual 1-2-1 Meeting Week, which will take place from 3-7 August 2020. To participate, you need a computer or laptop with webcam and microphone function, a reliable internet connection and a Skype account.
Using our new Virtual 1-2-1 Booking System, you will be able to book 30-minute meetings with fellow Members that you particularly want to talk with. Registration is now open (book your place) and the booking system will officially open on 1 July 2020.
Last but certainly not least, we have received an addition to our collection of Lockdown Songs! Paolo Federici of Fortune International in Italy has recorded another special song for PCN Members – YMCA!
- Official Report: Global Interviews taken during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Coronavirus (COVID 19): List of Helpful Online Resources
- eZine: Special Issue 1 covers tips for working from home, mental health and exercise
- eZine Special Issue 2 covers industry news and views and links to some podcasts
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.