We are pleased to welcome Cargoserv Shipping Ltd to PCN as a new member in Sri Lanka. Cargoserv is a Ceyline Group Company located in Colombo with 55 employees. They are a member of NCCSL (National Chamber of Commerce of Sri Lanka) and CASA Sri Lanka (Ceylon Association of Ships’ Agents) – their Group Managing Director, Capt. Ajith Peiris, is the Chairman of CASA Sri Lanka.
Cargoserv was established in 1993 (Ceyline have been operating since 1985) as a shipping agency company and have successfully developed their services to include project cargo, freight forwarding, cargo consolidations and NVOCC as well as all other related freight operations. They started as a niche market player in the above services and have quickly established themselves as a force to reckoned with.
Marketing Assistant Manager, Mr. Champika Guruge: “Providing superior quality services with around-the-clock contact coupled with the traditional stability of the Ceyline Group, Cargoserv has rapidly progressed to become a respected name in the industry. Today, Cargoserv enjoys strong trust and confidence from both our customers and principals. Equipped with a strong customer base and a firm footing in the local market, Cargoserv provides excellent services to both small and large corporate clients. Our systems provide us with timely information to give the extra edge needed to be ahead of the competition.”
Recent work handled by Cargoserv is outlined below with photos of the operations in the full article.
- An ongoing project involving the re-export of three wind generators (photographed above) from the Port of Hambantota in Sri Lanka to Germany on a DDP basis via RO/RO vessel. The wind generators weighed 47mtns each and were loaded on 3 MAFI trailers for the door-to-door transport to Germany.
- We successfully completed the establishment and expansion of the Ceylon Glass Factory Complex in Horana by providing total logistics solutions.
- We were heavily involved in a Sri Lanka BOI (Board of Investment) Project involving the Ceylon Electricity Board. Despite many constraints such as the lack of infrastructure and equipment at KKS (Kankesanthurai) Port and the shallow draft situation there, we successfully and safely discharged and transported the heavy lift cargo of 6 x 90tn generators plus accessories which amounted to 60 containers with many of them at 40′ containing out-of-gauge contents.
- One of our greatest logistics achievements was a 30mw power plant project in Chunnakam, Jaffna. The project was made particularly difficult due to the security situation in the North of Sri Lanka at the time of operations. Our work included discharging the plant and equipment which consisted of 6 x 90tn generators from the ship at KKS (Kankesanthurai) harbour, transporting the cargo from the high security zone to the Chunnakam jobsite which included around 10km of rough terrain and delivering the cargo at the jobsite. The experience we gained from these logistics operations gives us the courage to handle any type of cargo anywhere in Sri Lanka. We are capable of handling any type of project in any terrain and under any circumstances.
- As the logistics partner for Ten Sports for the past 8 years, we have provided total logistics solutions to bring live televised cricket to Sri Lanka.
- We are business partners with many well-known names in the country including Sri Lanka Telecom. We were proud to become the logistics partner of Sri Lanka Telecom by proving our capabilities and beating most of the big logistics players in the industry.
- We are the logistics provider for Elastomeric Engineering (owned by Hexpol Group, Sweden), one of the largest manufacturers of rubber tyres & gaskets in Sri Lanka.
- We are the logistics provider for Art Decoration International, one of the only manufacturers of decorative ceramic products in Sri Lanka.
- We are the logistics provider for Maliban Biscuits, the largest and oldest biscuit manufacturer in Sri Lanka.
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.