Westlink Logistics in Australia have recently managed the international transportation of 2 huge empty reels from Dampier (Western Australia) to Kalundborg in Denmark as part of the demobilisation for a subsea offshore project (Woodside Persephone WP2).
Westlink provided end-to-end logistics solutions from the Dampier Laydown area to the Kalundborg facility performing a multimodal seamless delivery of the 2 flexible flowline reels. Their operations included project management, technical assurance, operational supervision & coordination, ocean freight, cranage and transportation.
The Westlink team stated the operational highlights included:
- Seafastening & stowage design;
- Multimodal success – cranage, oversized haulage and multipurpose vessel;
- Oversized transport from laydown to vessel hook;
- Discharging at the private facility in Kalundborg, Denmark;
- Zero Lost Time Injuries (LTI’s).
The transportation was a complete success – Congratulations to Westlink Logistics on a job well done!
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.