Wilhelmsen Ships Service UAE have handled an import shipment of huge spud columns. The shipment consisted of 4 sets of spud columns and their accessories. Each column had dimensions of 20.26 x 1.28 x 1.28m and weighed 25.25mtn.
Wilhelmsen’s scope of work included:
- Port handling of the cargo at Jebel Ali Port which arrived via Mafi trailers;
- Obtaining permissions from Dubai Customs to process the import customs clearance at Jebel Ali Port to the Free Zone Dubai in UAE considering Free Zone to Zone movement as the consignee’s receiving site is located in another UAE Free Zone – Sharjah Hamriyah;
- Survey of the discharge site & agreement of the offloading plan;
- Night transport of the spuds after customs inspection;
- Submitted all Jebel Ali customs documentation to the consignee’s customs broker & coordinated for timely customs clearance & gate pass of all the cargo at Sharjah Hamriyah Free Zone;
- Coordinated with the site for offloading of the spuds;
- Submitted all Sharjah Hamriyah Free Zone customs documents and got approvals to complete the process.
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.