In January, KGE Baltic were invited to handle a difficult project of a Vestas Wind System (WTG 136) delivered from various origins in Europe to the Asmolovichi jobsite in Belarus. It was necessary to deliver the goods in very short notice with only 3 weeks to prepare for such huge dimensions so KGE had to make all arrangements quickly.
The first parts of the project, which were located in Denmark and the Netherlands, are outlined below. They were delivered by multimodal transport to the base in Asmolovichi in a sequence with around 1-2 days in-between loads.
- 3 OOG loads transported directly from Videbæk in Denmark to Belarus:
Nacelle – 12.86 x 4.00 x 3.41 / 66,300kg
Hub – 5.46 x 3.74 x 3.43 / 32,000kg
Drive Train – 7.23 x 3.50 x 3.20 / 61,100kg
- 1 x Low-Bed (Blade Gripper)
- 1 x Curtain Trailer (Stand)
- 1 x 40′ Container (Spare Parts)
- 1 x Flatbed Trailer
The remaining cargo consisted of 6 windmill tower sections which were sent by the customer from Spain to Ventspils Harbour in Latvia by breakbulk vessel. After the vessel arrived, the KGE team performed all arrangements including accepting the vessel on berth, unlashing & unwelding, discharging from vessel & pier, loading onto trucks, dismantling the harbour gates to leave the port, all transit formalities, surveys, drone filming and more. The specifications of the 6 pieces were:
- Top Section – 32.36 x 3.26 x 3.67 / 58,000kg
- Mid Section One – 8.20 x 4.98 x 4.99 / 81,000kg
- Mid Section Two – 21.84 x 4.18 x 4.98 / 78,000kg
- Mid Section Three – 26.88 x 3.93 x 4.18 / 82,500kg
- Mid Section Four – 28.00 x 3.67 x 3.93 / 68,000kg
- Bottom Section – 12.33 x 4.39 x 5.30 / 82,000kg
All the cargo was delivered to the job site safely and in perfect condition. The KGE team executed the project with professionalism and made all possible efforts to ensure there were no issues or delays.
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.