Polaris Shipping Agencies recently concluded a shipment of used plant machinery and equipment for a close Kenyan client who has procured assets from the UAE.
They successfully completed the project with a scope not limited to just shipping activities, but also technical evaluation and repair of all items to ensure they met the functional requirements as per the Kenyan standards.
Polaris’s scope of activities covered:
- Survey & repair of each item by qualified surveyors & technicians and arranging functional reports;
- Coordination with relevant authorities such as BV & QISJ to obtain the relevant Certificate of Conformity in line with Kenyan import requirements;
- Cost effecting evaluation for the best shipping mode & arranging shipment in DVs, special equipment & as RORO, keeping in line with the deadline for the shipment to arrive in Kenya;
- Complete FOB operations including dismantling of equipment as required to accommodate on container vessels;
- Ocean freight to the Port of Mombasa, Kenya.
The shipment was completed using 28 x 40’DV, 5 x 40’FR, 2 x 40’OT as well as self-propelled units on a RORO vessel.
The efficient coordination of Polaris Shipping Agencies resulted in the successful completion of the project as per the required schedule to the full satisfaction of all involved.
Polaris Shipping Agencies have been in business since 1992 and is a leading agency and project logistics company in the UAE, offering diversified services to an established and global customer base. Polaris represents several reputed European heavy lift carriers as port agents in the Middle East and Persian Gulf ports, giving our partners and customers the convenience of dealing with a single point of contact. The experienced project team at Polaris offer dedicated account management and listen to each client’s needs and requirements carefully for tailor-made solutions. For more information, please contact Mr. Rajesh Damodaran (BDM) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to view the full article on our official website.